inTank Media Baskets

I couldnt Resist the ghettoness

jmt

I was sucked in I tell you, sucked in! ANyway, I was dingin' around with my 300w Regent fixture when I decided "Hell, why not hook it up" And HOOK IT UP I did. At first, it melted the plastic rim on my tank while it rested there, NOT COOL. So I went to home Depot and duh through the scraps bin and got a free 2ft 2x4. Screwed in it, and viola!

After about of .4mins the Water level wa sup to 84 degrees so I decided to shut it off. Its back to the original lighting scheme, but when the MH Bulb gets here, yeah, you better believe it.

-Justin

The halogen ballast in that fixture can't run a metal halid though... can it?

I assume you are using the fixture just as a bulb holder?

Or am I missing out on a cheap way to set up a DE halide system?

Reefer_Buddha

1fish, that halogen runs off a straight 120v wall socket. Cant do that with MH its requires an ignitor and starter (ballast jibberish). Yes people do use just the fixture, reflector and sockets for mh, read reefriots thread in the diy section. 20 pages of how to do it from him and people that have done it.

I was long looking for ideas to hang that fixture w/o drilling a hole on the wall. I searched and PM'ed and still haven't had a clue. Then, this picture shows up. Darn it!!! I will go this way. thanks jmt.

Please not that this is only temporary and done really out of boredom. It didn't cost me anything but about 5mins of time. I have a feeling my bulb will get here before my aqualight, so it'll be liek this until I can fab up something spectacular.

Heh.

-Justin

Archived