AquaClear 204 PH

Livestock:

Ricordia [Orange/blue w/grn mouth]

Yellow Polyps

Large brown polyps [palythoa?]

GSP [2 frags]

Red shroom [floating around somewhere]

Melanopus Clown [1]

Not quite sure how many lbs of rock and sand there are because I stole them out of my 20L which I used as a holding tank.

OxInYourBox

Going to look very nice once everything grows out. I love the rockwork. Maybe toss in a Royal Gramma or 6 line for some more color and they also hang out in the caves.

Just a thought-You could get the surface skimmer box to hide the MJ1200 however I'd wait for your clown to grow larger. I lost 4 tank raised false percs (ie tiny) to my Remora's MJ1200 as the strainer isn't installed with the surface skimmer box.

Hey ox, Do you think you could take pictures and measurements of your surface skimmer box? It doesnt seem to be a hard thing to make, so I may try it. The AquaC page leads me to believe that where the water returns into the box, there is a hole at the bottom? Is this correct?

Thanks,

Tam

I sometimes regret putting GSP on the rocks, because they nettle anything nearby. I now routinely push them back with a little kalk paste.

Looking good, I like your rockwork. I have the same tank. I'm using:

Here's mine a few weeks ago:

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/showthread...&threadid=26032

2x Micro-jet 450's

1 AquaGlobe 100 for surface movement

Reefer_Buddha fuge powered by mini-606 with a Jalli 13w PC light

AquaClear mini for carbon and purigen

CSL 2x40w PC with moonlite

I want to put a skimmer on there, but with my fuge, I have no room on the back.

Right now I have one orange zoo colony, and three GSP colonys. One is too big, so I'm selling it off, and just keeping the two small ones. One is a dark green, and the other is BRIGHT electric green. I'll eventually get rid of the other dark green colony too once it grows in a little, and I can get decent store credit for it.

OxInYourBox

http://www.marinedepot.com/aquarium_protei...ora.asp?CartId=

Scroll on down for the pic and dimensions. It mounts using the two screws to hold against the MJ1200. It works well if you get it mounted good. I have 2 and the only problems I had were the mounting but once I figured it out I was good to go. I would possibly add some more slots but that's a personal thing. The return side has a hole at the bottom and a piece of sponge to catch the bubbles. Does a good job catching the bubbles and I use the spot to run carbon once a month for a couple days.

I did have a fuge on my 10G but I decided to drop it and run with the Remora instead.

Oh yeah GSP can be as bad as Xenia (search for Xenia Forest from a few months back). I need to post my 10G to 29G thread and the pic of the 18" long GSP mat I pulled out of my tank. I also had Xenia fighting with GSP for room. Interesting as the GSP grew around the stalk pushing it out and they kept growing out until I yanked it.

• 2 weeks later...
Domino_Tang

Hello :D nice tank ... hey if ya ever need any help on building sumps or refugium skimmers... or overflows ect. just ask and give me measure ment... everything is made from everyday house hold items ... that work ...

^____^ but if ya got the money wich alot of people dont better off buying it :D if ya dont trust sumin you made

Archived