Coral Vue Hydros

Weird Macro/Bird Netting Question

Weetabix7

Ok, so I had a funky idea to take Bird Netting (that stuff used for landscaping and making screen covers for tanks) and attach a bunch of Macros to it and put the netting across the inside back wall of my tank and hold it in place using small magnets.

Sure, it might sound odd, but a back wall covered in Macros like that might look kinda cool.

Anyway, my only concern was whether or not the Bird Netting would leach something wonky into the water.

What do you think?

ot just get the stuff from home depot, people use it to make tops all the time, and mine is constantly touching the water with no problems.

ot just get the stuff from home depot, people use it to make tops all the time, and mine is constantly touching the water with no problems.

Yeah, that's what I alrdy have on hand.

Just didn't know if it would leach anything weird into the tank.

Sure, it might sound odd, but a back wall covered in Macros like that might look kinda cool.

Not so weird really. In the freshwater side of our hobby lots of people use similar techniques to create "moss walls". Just google the term. :)

Yeah, that's what I alrdy have on hand.

Just didn't know if it would leach anything weird into the tank.

Man, I sure hope not. I use that black netting from Home Despot and it touches my water all the time.

Magnets WILL rust though.

I have some magnetized frag plugs with corals mounted on them, I can use those to hold the netting in place.

Archived