Top Shelf Aquatics

lighting problem

ckf

First I would like to say that this is an awesome message board. Lots of info for nano systems. Now onto my problem. I have a 15 gal cube nano tank and needed to upgrade the lighting since it came with an 8 watt bulb. I had a JBJ fixture that had 2 55 watt bulbs with an electronic ballast that could run either 1 or 2 bulbs. Since I could not find anything that would fit the 13 1/2" I have available for a light, I improvised. I took the ballast and end caps and made a retrofit into the hood. I have an 18 watt actinic and a 32 watt 10k bulb. The bulbs work great but now the problem. Every time I turn the lights on, I get static on my TV! I have tried different outlets, checked the connections and the lights are plugged into a surge protector. The other piece of info is that one bulb is a 4 pin PC in a straight line and the other is a 4 pin in a box pattern. I have the straight connected to an end cap but the box is connectec directly with pin connectors. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks

Chris

Okay, today I installed an end cap for the box pin panasonic style light and it helped a little but it is still there. Doesn't anybody have any ideas at all on how to fix this? Any help at all would be appreciated.

Archived