Cultivated Reef

Snail Eggs

seabass

Look at you and your fancy time lapse :P
:lol:

Thanks ncn. :) Thought it might be interesting to watch. I was kind of surprised how much movement the pictures showed before they left. I've had a relatively high survival rate for this species of snail.

Builder Anthony

I know you posted the name of the snail but a google search brings up like 20 differnt kinds of snaols.Could you post a picture of the bigger snails.

Its good to see things going well in your tank.Ive looked at the sea grass post your uasully in its pretty nice.

Thanks!

I know you posted the name of the snail but a google search brings up like 20 differnt kinds of snaols.Could you post a picture of the bigger snails.
I'm guessing that they are these:

032311a.jpg

Sorry about the white balance (not sure how to adjust it on my iPhone).

Are they the mini-conchs?

Cool pics btw :)

Thanks. Good call. I've read that they are relatives to the Queen Conch (but only grow to about ½" in length). I guess they have lots of names; I think they are also called Dove Snails, Dove Conchs, Nano Conchs, or even Nano Grazers. It's not that unusual to have them multiply in captivity (but it's still kind of interesting).

Nice shots. I have these as well. I put two of the adult nano-conch's in 6 weeks ago and have 10 or so of those egg sacks. They breed like rabbits.

breed like rabbits, but do the offspring make it?
Depends mostly on availability of food and predators. Like I said, I've had a pretty good survival rate.

Archived