ReefCleaners.org

Height of 7 gallon bow without stand or hood

Adam Jones

Like the subject says,

Can someone please measure and post the exact height of the 7 gallon bow tank from AGA? I need the outside tank height including the plastic trim but not the base or light hood.

I just spent an hour measuring and drawing plans for a 10 gallon refugium that will be on a bookshelf slightly above my desk and the 7 bow -- it's a tight fit.

The AGA site lists the 7 bow as 13.5", but this includes the hood and does not specify if the plastic base is included.

I have to drive two hours from where I live to buy the 7 bow so there is no practical way for me to measure.

Thank you!

Adam

sorry, i cant give it to you with out the base (my tank is sitting on the base) but from the bottem of the base to the top of the plastic trimming is 13 and 11/16 inches.

Stryfe - It's the "about" that I keep getting hung up on.

My refugium overflows are within 1" of not working (or maybe won't work at all if the glass shop decides to cut the holes a bit lower than where marked).

I think it will work if I measure everything careful enough and get the holes in the right spots.

Crakeur - I did check the website, but there are no measurements without the hood. I won't be using the hood.

Thanks,

Adam

Adam Jones, I appologize for my estimate and unspecific reply...

i hope this will help... :)

glass only measurements:

from side to side : exactly 16 1/2 inches

from top to bottom : exactly 9 3/4 inches

to top and bottom plastic trims are exactly 3/4 inch each..

9 3/4 + 3/4 + 3/4 = 11 1/4

that makes the tank from top to bottom without the base and hood : 11 1/4

the bottom tank stand is 2 7/8 inches

so the tank size including the bottom stand and without the hood is ::: 13.375 inches

if you want the hood measurements too... i cant help you because i got rid of my hood and have nothing to measure :(

Stryf3 - You are awesome. Now I can complete my design plans. :D

That type of over the top, obsessively precise, much appreciated response is exactly what I have come to love about the reefkeeping community.

By the way, my design will work if I can get the glass shop to drill holes 1" from the top trim of a 10 gallon tank. If they insist on 2" below the trim like they usually do, I will need to elevate the 10 gallon 1-2 inches with padding of some sort.

Adam

Archived