Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

ID on worm/tentacle thing

Switch

I have seen these things coming out the rock over a week now but only today I saw them move and more then 2 tentacles so I dont think its a worm. The pics aren't the best because its sort of up the back of my tank sorry. So anyone know what it might be?

Brittle star arms. I have a ton of small ones, and a few with very long arms. After 2 years, I still haven't seen the bodies.

are you still sure they're brittle star legs? i have many many of these in my tank but i suspect they are very small tube worms. There is always a pair of feelers poking out and they are banded black and white just as in that pic.

I know they look exactly as if they are some sort of worm but I would bet big money those are brittle stars. I found it hard to believe until I saw the entire animal one day.

• 2 weeks later...

I have many of the same, including on large one. We intially thought they were bristle works, but based on how the large one acts (I've never seen a body) with it's tentacles, I believe it is the bristle star. Seems to help cleaning, and I now have many smaller ones throughout my pourous "worm rock".

Archived