inTank Media Baskets

Elos Osmocontroller Digital?

Natural71

I just ordered an Elos Osmocontroller Digital from Marine Depot and I am wondering if anyone here has any insight on the performance or quality of these units. Any reviews?

I plan on ordering one too here in the next week or so. Looks awesome. I was on the fence about getting the Tunze one but this looks like its a cleaner design. I hope it works well for you!

lakshwadeep

The older version, using a float switch, is fairly consistent. I like that you can set the pump to run for a specific time, which helps as another safeguard against overflows.

From what I read, the Elos Digital only comes on for a set period of time as well. Also, it does not come on unless the water level is lower for a certain period of time.

I will be setting it up this weekend. I'm hoping to post some pics and a review. It was delivered yesterday and looks like a sexy unit for sure. One thing I did notice is the power cord plugs into the transformer like the power cord for a computer power supply would and may be a concern were it to get wet. Not sure why Elos decided to go that route...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I lost track of this thread. lol. The thing has worked like a champ. Very clean design and consistent performance. small footprint is a plus in a BC29. I am currently getting all of my pictures ready for my tank profile and I will post some of the Elos.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So i ordered an Elos digital osmocontroller and i must say its hands down the best top off unit ive ever used. I must say i was bit ignorant to its design because shortly after unboxing and testing i thought the unit was defective. I even called jesse at elos for assistance and it turns out i didnt truly understand how this ATO works. Well in short the sensor doesnt top off immediately with any fluctuation of water like most ATO units... It checks the water level every 15 minutes and if the water is below the set level it then adds water in predetermined amounts until the set water level is reached.If the set water level isnt reached with the first dose it will continue to dose every 15 minutes. It does this a max of 10 times before triggering an alarm(which would indicate something else is wrong empty ATO container,malfunctioning pump etc..) and would stop further dosing. This approach is really genius as it helps to maintain salinity by dosing water in small amounts and it isnt immediately disturbed by changes in water level(such as tank or sump maintenance). As a an added bonus the unit has a Manual dosing option so you can use the return pump for other fuctions (water changes,dosing et)The unit is a bit pricey but it is totally worth the investment IMO

My ratings

Design:10

Price:7

Customer Service:10

Performance:10

Overall:9.25

ATO-1.jpg

My ratings

Design:10

Price:7

Customer Service:10

Performance:10

Overall:9.25

ATO-1.jpg

hey hype I just ordered one myself, just curious what does it sell for in the US?

Archived