ReefCleaners.org

My Anoemia split.........

aj1au

Hi all,

Im still a beginner and i know that i should not have an anoemia (not sure if i am even spelling it right) but i had a hitchiker one on my live rock and it has grown over the past few months.

Well, over the weekend i thought it was all going pear shaped as it was moving around quiet a lot (first time it has moved) and then sunday morning i realised there was 2!

I know this is a good thing, but i just wanted to make sure that this is not a sign of stress or anything as my anoemia was quiet small to begin with. And when i noticed it moving around lots i thought maybe the end is close.

Is there anything that i should watch for with my clones?

anenome. lol

spliting is a good thing.

moving is not. be sure to cover up any ph.filter intakes with panty hose or pre filter sponges. other swise you will have blended anenome soup. (not a good thing.)

what kind of anenome is it? if you do not know then you should find out. posting pics is probably the best way to get stuff identified.

also what kind of light setup are you running and how old is your tank/ tank size?

Pantyhose is a good idea - didnt think of that one - i was worried about the soup idea

My tank is 10G - 32W lighting plus gets LOTS of natural sunlight. It has been going about 4-5 mths. I didnt expect the anenome to survive the cycle but its doing great.

Was only planning FOWLR - but its doing well

Ill try to get a few pics, its a white BTA with a bright orange base. Its the most colourful thing in the tank at the moment. There both about the size of a large coin.

They seem to be stable atm, so maybe the moving around was so that they could split?

nah anenomes move until the find a spot that suits them. then they usually stay. sometime when they split however they will hide under a ledge or in a cave. i think this is basically a anti predation tactic. just a guess. HTH

Archived