Coral Vue Hydros

Dummies guide for Saltwater Aquariums

bleedinorange

bleedinorange

I was actually thinking of buying this online. Thank god I did not. I went to the bookstore and browsed through it and it was exactly what the title read, FOR DUMMIES.

I bought it. I got it at the time before I even had a tank set up. I had no clue about anything. I was a dummy. Now I look back and page thru it and I do not really get anything out of it anymore. It is good for those that know nothing about this hobby though.

if ya want a good book for starting out and gving you alot of broad knowledge on key points and important things to avoid doing

Marine Reef Aquarium Handbook by Dr Robert j. Goldstien

availablle online anywhere

it may not have a nano tank in focus but it answers 90% of the questions i see here in this forum

I agree with mattie.

Marine Reef Aquarium Handbook by Dr Robert j. Goldstien. - from Barron. about $13.

I borrow it from local library. Still on my desk.

It is impressive little book. I recommend it.

For SW Aquarium for dummies... I'd rather listen my LFS guy. He is better.

actually bought the dummies guide due to a high level of ignorance regarding salt water tanks and have read the whole thing. It is basic, but a decent foundation.

I'm now working on Marine Reef Aquarium Handbook and it's much more beneficial....

I'd agree that it's a decent foundation. I bought it for a friend who's tank I maintain. Certainly not for those of us who are really into the hobby, but a good basis nonetheless.

Archived