Top Shelf Aquatics

Sunbrite Slimline

p-daddy

These fixtures are sharp looking and as my birthday approaches I am trying to drop some serious hints. I'm looking at putting this fixture over a Pico Aquariums Deep Blue 15. The dimensions are 15x15x15, wil this fixture get the job done? Reefbuilders likes em, and the price is right, but there's very little info out there about them.

Anyone have experience with one? PAR numbers etc?

Didn't get a chance to get PAR measurements, but I did see them at Reefstock over the weekend. Good looking fixture, and I'm sure it has enough grunt to keep an sps reef. It does have quite tight optics on it (I'm thinking 40 degrees), so spread isn't that great. Hopefully Sunbright will offer options in lens angles to cover a larger area. The tanks they had them demo'd on were about the footprint of a Deep Blue 15, and it was obvious that it didn't cover completely. You may want to drop them an email and ask if wider lenses are available.

but they're kind of hard to see, plus no idea on the dimensions. I saw they're launching the new slimline s with 18 cree leds which is pretty cool too

Thanks for the info guys. I'm still looking for a dimmable fixture since I PM'd you a couple weeks back

Evil. My Maxspect is cooking corals, I really like the AI Nano fixture and your Unibody, but I just don't have the budget for it.

Let me know if you come up with any more on these. I've been toying with 2 of these over my 40B and have a lot of the same questions that you do. The price and size is perfect for what I'm looking for.

Archived