inTank Media Baskets

Another Nano Cube is born

Marcelo31

This is a pic of my 4 week old cube.

Retro lights ,Cool probe chiller , Modified rear to LR Fuge ,phos remover. Surface skim mod.with a poly pad filter. Going to add another 24w 50/50 pc ,bringing the total watts to 80w.. looking to frag green star polyps for trade if anyone is interested ..look in trading forum...

Cool probe works fantasinic keeps tank at 75-76 deg constant .

I've got 2 fan in the hood ducted to draw air only from light inclosure. but haven't had to turn them on.

Looking for recommendations on the smallest ph to add inside tank to get some rear behind LR flow...LOW noise a must because tank is in my room ...

Thats i was considering ,just have to go down to lfs to check demensions. I had a problem with ph heads when they have flow control. When you begin to choke the flow the begin to rattle.

Well see, I want to put it on a wave maker also.

I can't wait for the coraline algae to start. I've got the start of it in a few places.

Also my nano pak come next thursday, can't wait...

I have a AquaGlobe AQ-100F . . . it has flow control, but it is pretty darn quiet. Will do 100 g/hr . . . I think they also have a 200 g/hr model.

What is a "cool probe chiller"?? I know what it does, but I've never heard of it. Is it less money than your standard chiller?

I did it myself. Took about 45 min. with a dremel and a diamond bit. The probe cost about $150.00 with temp controller. One problem is that it needs to be installed in one of the sides to give enough room. Not to cosmetic for a stand alone nano. But didn't really matter in my situation. TV hides that side. Keeps my tempa at 75-76 deg even with my final retro light install. Total Watts 80.

2 Stock 50/50 24w

1 Hello Lights 32w 03 atintic

No melting or warping of hood or clear lens. I've got 3 60mm fans

But haven't needed to run them. I will in summer with the 5-6 hr high noon timer cycle.

I could finish my Kalk evap. replen., if a certain someone from this site would send me the float switch i paid for ??? Hint Hint....

Archived