inTank Media Baskets

halide stopped working

Derek_setter

Okay about a month a go i did one of those 70 watt halide regent fixtures. it has worked fine for about a month, but the power went out a while back, and the light has been on at night instead of day time ( i have been sick so i can down and messed witht eh tank and noticied that it wasn't on (not worreid about lighting being on at night, cuz i am just now cycling) . well i tried to turn the lgiht on and i got nothing, usually i get at least a buzzing noise even if the light doesn't come on, but is only right after it has been turned off. I just get nothing, no light, no noise. nothing. What is going wrong, i have a usio 10k 70 watt light, and a wpi m85 ballast... everything workedg great up until a few days ago... i think....????

yeah that is what i was planning on doing :( oh well i knewi shoudon't have gotten that ballast in the first place, but i couldn't get any good deals on a 5 EU, where can i get an advance ballast?

Can i do anything with the WPI or is it shot?

Reefer_Buddha

not sure. I have a wpi that is doubling as a doorstop as well. I was gona talk to a lighting shop and see how much they'd charge to rip it open and fix it, but im lazy. Ive seen lots of ppl on here selling those aromat ballasts. Just gotta keep your eyes open. Also if youre lookin on ebay dont just search the pets section, there's better prices if you look for that ballast in industrial lighting or another category.

Archived