Coral Vue Hydros

blue leg vs coral

koolyce

I read somewhere that blue legs were more prone to go after some corals..

Red legs are safer

I have 4 red legs with zoos,shrooms, xenias..

they never go on them

I like Scarlet Reef Hermits better too, but your Blue Leg Hermit should be fine. I doubt that it’s eating your corals; it’s probably just looking for food around and on top of them. Funny little critters, I think they are a good addition to a reef tank.

I thought it was the other way around. Blues are safer than reds. Also, I added some xenia and have blues in my tank. Its been about 4 weeks now and I havent seen them munching just yet. Has anyone noticed them eating xenia as rampy has suggested....

I have blue legs, Xenia and a few green-centered polyps (other stuff also, but I'm trying to keep on topic). The blue legged crabs will crawl across them, but have never attacked them. The emerald that was to take care of the bubble algae, has been munching on the polyps. Saw him trying and missing and there are a few missing today! He may be on his way out if he doesn't behave.

My blue legs are fine with my xenia and other softies. Sure they crawl on them in their search for food, but my polyps just close up and wait for the trespassers to move on.

I wouldn't be suprised if hermits might munch on polyps in the absence of other food. Such might be the case if there are too many cleaners int he tank.

I do have too many in my 4 gal tank atm, but have not seen any problems yet (and my tank is totally clean). I am in the process of building a 1 gal and a 1 litre so I'll be spreading them out reasonably soon.

Archived