Coral Vue Hydros

X-Aqua X-Inout overflow + return

BorHor

I don't know what to tell you. You claimed you did the math, and it was 1.25". Then I brought out the picture showing there was no way in hell that was possible, and you said that it was 1.5". That's loose, so I guess you can just move on to the next excuse.

Anyway, I'm not buying this anyway because people are having these problems and you seem to be on here to argue. Maybe you should get some sleep instead. Nighty.

Read the thread again. NOWHERE DID I STATE THAT I USED 1.25" (1 1/4")!!! Seriously, find it and quote me. I did, however, say that if I calculated it to be 1.25" a year ago I would have purchased that but I know that I wasn't wrong. You even posted a picture to prove me right...

Once again, 38mm/25.4=1.496062992 and 1.5 (who knows what the manufacturing margin of error is for this anyways...) -1.496062992= 0.003937008 difference. That also does not account for the ribs lol. They are easily 1 mm raised off of the overflow.

0.003937008 inches = 0.1mm = 100µm

Sure dude. The only person full of shit is the person arguing that 100µm isn't good enough (without even considering other important factors). Do you know some examples of stuff that is around 100 microns in size haha?

Problems? People need to clean the return occasionally, drill a decent hole, and install it properly. It's not a magic item. It's a shape that accelerates flow.

I make a suggestion to which you ridiculously argue to 100 microns over a few posts and I am the one trolling?

It's hard to argue with magnitude and numbers, which you never produced, despite being so adamant that my real life example and math wasn't good enough lol.

Sure thing, boss. Next time we can talk about the force of gravity required to overcome friction in your mythical scenario that in 15 years the pipe changes and magically pops off defying several other forces at play.

Back to work though. And if anyone would like any honest information on this device, it's available.

• 1 month later...

Hey man, how much surface skimmage do you get? More specifically I want to ask, do you get that film-like build up on the waters surface? Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Blue print your retarded

The overflow outlet has a little over 1.25 inch INNER DIAMETER

The outside of the outlet has almost a 1.5 inch OUTER DIAMETER

The hose he used was a 1.5 inch INNER DIAMETER hose

Ideanote_20130404_093252_01_zps7bea6ec4.

Seriously....think before you talk. Read before you speak. You just wasted all those posts for nothing but looking tratarfed

1/16th doesn't make a difference in a non pressurized barb fitting. Also you do realize nylon and vinyl tubes can expand or shrink depending on heat.....

Also 1/16 turns into a uniform 1/32 all the way around the circumference of the bulkhead. So what your trying to say about the total gap when speaking of diameters really means little to nothing when split for radius and circumference as 1/32 of tolerance when talking about a barb fitting is generally accepted. I mean what about the barb fitting itself? It could have cooled to fast or to slow and depending ob if it was extruded or cast what about the tolerance on the circumference of that? Or the nylon/vinyl hose? I dunno about you, but typically nylon and vinyl shrink when cooling so when you buy hose it is typically slightly smaller then its rated size. Meaning you have to stretch it over its barb. Do some more plumbing.

Why on earth do you make astronomical events out of nothing?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey man, how much surface skimmage do you get? More specifically I want to ask, do you get that film-like build up on the waters surface? Thanks!

Surface skimming is not as good as a coast to coast overflow or even a big overflow box. That is to be expected with this design. The device is designed to be used with a eheim 1260 or similar pump iirc. It is meant to be ran at full capacity so that the device can skim as much as possible and do the pulsing action on the return. I have a very, very high flow tank that I was using this on and had no surface skimming but my water was well agitated and had no film! On my new build that I'm fooling with, I DO have some organic build up but I'm only running one powerhead and the return at this point.

Regardless, the reality is that 1 1/2" pipe on these is loose and will come off with any normal use and as the pipe stretches over time. I've seen this first hand on someone elses tank who had to add a compression fitting to keep the flex pipe on.

I am sitting here with mine. I can speak from personal experience with actually running one and the basic math on no sleep. You have added zero to this thread that has any real application. Deckoz brought up another point as well. I mean we can talk about friction and the force of gravity required to overcome the fitment, but I really don't want to do more math or explain something to someone as dense as you. I can assure you that what you have said is both unimportant and unrealistic regarding the magnitudes we are talking about here. Even if you are to say it isn't a perfect fit (what is?!?!?!), can you really argue that the precision is not adequate? *The answer is no* I don't know about your fake friend...

Just forget this thread. You made yourself look stupid over MICRONS of difference. Go bitch about inTank some more or something.

Archived