Top Shelf Aquatics

nick's led build take2

mygolfisslow

mygolfisslow

got my leds from ledgroupbuy this morning and put about 2hours in before work. another 2 after work.

it is finished and running. i will play around with the reefkeeper alc a little tomorrow but i wanted to update this thread......

wired and ready

4335bd35.jpg

assembled top side pic

68ce5d7b.jpg

lit

bc08ab6e.jpg

now for a side by side with the MU

ae37c8da.jpg

i put them about 3 ft from the wall.

this is just the boost

1189286f.jpg

this one is the boost and the new lamp with the dimmer pots all the way down.

d1f80528.jpg

and for the win this is with the pots all the way up. i don't think i will ever run them this high.

d4e8cd65.jpg

front shot

4bd2c578.jpg

i think once i get the ALC runing this i will start at 35%w and 40% b maybe even lower and slowly work it up to 55/60 over the span of the next month or so.

hope you like

i may be building a lamp for my buddy 40b soon.

Nice job - cool AI SOL "replica"!

I just saw a few AI SOL's running over a large frag tank at a local frag swap last weekend and I was impressed, and this hand-built fixture here is just as impressive. What did this whole thing run you?

Also, is this replacing the Boost Mu?

mygolfisslow
Nice job - cool AI SOL "replica"!

Thanks.

I think I did a pretty good job on this one. Much better than the last.

It wasn't that much to make. The heatsink came from heatsinkusa and was less then 40$. I got all the LEDs and optics from ledgroupbuy for 150$. Drivers are from nanotuners at 37$ each. Plus a trip to

H-depot and rat shack. Total less than 350$ the reefkeeper alc was the most expensive part.

I am super happy with the results fully controllable and bright as *>{#\€

the boost has moved on to a buddy's 40b.

Looks awesome!

the boost has moved on to a buddy's 40b.

Can you snap a pic of the Boost over the 40b? Or explain a little bit how well it works over that tank? Thank you much!

gulfsurfer101

Sweet, I got the MU just so I wouldn't have to biuld my own but after seeing this I'm almost inspired to try.

mygolfisslow
Looks awesome!

Can you snap a pic of the Boost over the 40b? Or explain a little bit how well it works over that tank? Thank you much!

It looks nice on a 40b he has it about a foot over the tank. It's nice and bright in the center good for sps with a little shaded on ether side for softies. I'll snap some pics next time I go over there.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived