Top Shelf Aquatics

What do you all think of my new 18 gallon?

Steve973

Thanks everybody! I've been a member for a month or two now, and this is an excellent site with an excellent message board. You can see more pics on my gallery page, if you'd like, but I will state the specs here. It's a Via Aqua 18 gallon with the stock lighting (36x2 pc), a AC500 HOB, 2 AC201 powerheads, an ebo-jager 100 watt heater in the hob, 27 lbs of kaelini rock and 21 lbs of live sand from dr mac. It took 3.5 weeks to cycle, and I just put the 2 ocellaris clowns in there today. I don't know if you can tell from the pictures, but i'm starting to get a crazy diatom bloom, so i'll be purchasing a cleanup crew asap.

Nope, i ordered the tank from customaquatic.com. Their customer service is great, by the way. The tank was about 170, but came to a total of 200 with shipping, but I think it was worth it.

Ugh, one clown died and the other isn't eating yet. I got them from Petco, who told me that they have a 15 day guarantee. This was told to me by the guy who netted the fish, and by the cashier. When I went to take it back, they tried to tell me that the guarantee wasn't good for marine life, but I convinced him to take it back anyway. They tested my water with some very high tech dip strips. (sarcasm). So i'm not buying from petco again.

Archived