Innovative Marine Aquariums

Anyone tried this Par light?

coreystang

This is a local guy that has some pretty good reviews. I am thinking of using this on my Dymax IQ3. It is dimmable so it won't be to much light. http://www.exoticled.com/shop.html It is the second one down, the Par 38 bulb. It's still a toss up on what I want to get right now.

Overkill for such a small tank. Sure, it's dimmable, but you can get smaller, lower wattage lamps with wider optics for half the price.

Overkill for such a small tank. Sure, it's dimmable, but you can get smaller, lower wattage lamps with wider optics for half the price.

Ok thanks! I'm assuming that a Par 30 with either 60 or 80 optics would work best then.

It will help lower the intensity. You need to balance distance, lens angle, and lamp power based on the needs of your tank, and what effect you want. Tighter optics will allow you to place the lamp higher over the tank, but you might have space restrictions, forcing you to mount them lower. Figure out how you want to set up the lamp over the tank, and then pick the lens angle that fits the need.

Archived