SaltCritters.com

Oceancube's Clownfish Breeder build thread!

oceancube

hello guys well im in the process of building another clownfish breeder system, due to the constant flooding in the upstairs fish room, wife wants it out and downstairs now,,, so nothing better than to take the whole garage away, forget about a game room this will be my office now hehe :P , so i went out and bought this really nice 8 cubicle system that has all the plumbing and bulkheads intact, all i need is a stand and ive started that already.. i will be using 2 seperate pumps for a return so i can get a decent turnover. sump will be a 40 breeder with some macro's,skimmer,uv sterlizer etc... i will be posting new pics as i go along and i hope that everyone enjoys them,, if you have any ideas or see something that you think will work better pls let me know... thanks all here's a couple pics i took tonite,, just started 2 hours into the build so take it easy on me!!!

system2.jpg

system1.jpg

Nice! Where'd you get the tanks from? A LFS that's closing?

well it was an extra setup they had so i bought it, i like it cause all the tanks are plumbed seperate, so no flow through or anything, gonna see how it works out.. only thing i dont like is the open top, i got about 3 thousand dollars of clowns just to have one jump... arrrgggg ill be mad...lol but ill figure out how to cover it up!!!

pics

ill post pics once i get this all done,, trust me there here!!

tommorrow gonna add more support and paint the walls in the garage!! what color do yall think would go good(light blue,an offwhite or black)

what color do yall think would go good?

I had my clown breeding section in a dark corner,

painted black, with curtains. It was easier to control the light,

which is better for the spawning and mating cycles.

I was taught that by this old Thai guy I bought the store from

and it didn't fail me.

I don't know what you want to do with the rest of the space

and how much space you have, so on the color, it's hard to say. :huh:

the same type of setup I want to build. I want to do 4 compartments with a chamber in the middle and then another 4 chambers. Nice and compact but each will have its own drain and return

Looks good Rudy, I liked the old tank too. You holding on to that one?

thanks guys for the input...ty that one im actually gonna put it on craigslist after i set this new one up!!!

US Marine Coral

1.How many gallons is each compartment?

2.What type of lights are you going to use?

3.What do you feed your mating pairs?

sweet tank Rudy. Mine is similar to yours, but mine is in 2 tank with 4 sections each for a total of 42g each tank. what are you using for a sump and a return pump?

Did you ever get your new onyx in?
i dont eben want to bring this up... bad bad news but im trying to settle it, if anything i will surely let everyone know where not to get fish!! according to the lfs guy it was 18gallons per cubicle. but i think less.. food i feed everything you can think of, cyclopeeze,pe mysis,spirulina brine,formula1 and 2 flake,sa pellets....3-4 times a day!!!lighting is all t5 love the color they throw!!

Archived