inTank Media Baskets

Making lid for my biocube 29

brianep1968

brianep1968

So I bought the light diffuser and mesh. Going to use the diffuser for frame, then the mesh for the top. What's the best way to cut the diffuser, I'm total tool and tool novice when it comes to DIY projects.

So I bought the light diffuser and mesh. Going to use the diffuser for frame, then the mesh for the top. What's the best way to cut the diffuser, I'm total tool and tool novice when it comes to DIY projects.
You mean egg crate? I use wire cutters, but that gives a fairly inacurate cut (tends to break wherever on that section. A Dremel cutting wheel works, but the high speed kind if melts the plastic (you might try a lower speed). I suppose that a jigsaw might work too. HTH/bump
nor_cal_nano

If you go to Home Depot, be sure to call it light diffuser, Seabass. If you ask for egg crate they're going to stare at you like you've got a third eye... :D

If you go to Home Depot, be sure to call it light diffuser, Seabass. If you ask for egg crate they're going to stare at you like you've got a third eye... :D
I suppose they would. :) I glanced at this thread yesterday and was thinking there was a diffuser specific for a BioCube; I just realized it was egg crate.

Archived