Coral Vue Hydros

Stock JBJ Nanocube...

Badkharma

What corals can I keep under the stock lighting in a JBJ Nanocube? 'Shrooms? Zoos? Brains? Plate? I have no idea...although I have heard that clams and hard corals won't work. But what about most soft corals?

unless u upgrade i have the tank too, but i heard that only shrooms and zoos and polyps and MAYBE some soft corals, if you does right and stuff. Its got some sucky lighting but i don't care caz iu am a newbi and i'm just going to kep shroms in the tank, anyways HTH

One of the questionable LFS's around here keeps a clam and some other impressive corals in stock cube, so I had to ask. I actually don't mind the place because they generally have a diverse amount of livestock. Over the months that I've gone there (about once every 2 weeks), the corals are thriving under the stock lighting. Trust me, I've looked under the lid and everything. The only thing he (the LFS) changed was the powerhead. ???

maroonclown

Ask the LFS if it is stock lighting. It's probably a 32watt retrofit. Still not enough light, but it's better than stock. Upgrade your lighting before you try more light demanding animals.

I personally would, don't worry - but no. I asked them AND looked personally (I didn't believe them), it is stock. I don't know how.

maroonclown

I have have a friend that has an acropora in his 55 gallon FOWLR. This acro is about the size of a basketball, and it grew from a 2" frag he got for free. He is only lighting the tank with a single 55watt PC, and the coral has been alive, healthy, and is actually more colorful than the parent colony. The reason: weird sh*t happens. Some things survive. As for the clam, maximas can adapt to almost any lighting, but I wouldn't try it.

Archived