Top Shelf Aquatics

How many fish?

Romar00

Size and temperment of the fish are a factor when choosing. IMO you should really add another 5 lbs of rock to the tank to get decent bio filtration. Another 5-10 lbs of sand couldn't hurt either. As for what fish to keep... what do you want? Here are a few options:

1. Pair of percs or false percs

2. clown goby and fire fish

3. clown goby and a dotty back (smaller ones that stay 3" or under like the bicolor or orchid)

4. 1 angler (wartskin, painted or striated).

If you are using the JBJ nano-cube I believe that the actual tank capacity where the fish will be only holds about 9 gallons. I wouldn't put more than 3 small fish in there and that's really pushing it.

Nice looking tank. I have a JBJ Nano Cube Myself. It's been running for only a few months. I am disturbed by the fact that so many folks take the 12 Gallons to heart. I believe it stands for 12". The Nano Cube measures aprox 12"x12"x12", (Cube?)which equals 1728 cubic inches. There are 231 cubic inches in a gal. 1728 divided by 231 equal 7.48 gals, that includes the filter chamber..I hope people are not medicating, etc based on the 12 gallons assumption.

Bob

nanocurious

windmill, the reason why most people take the twelve gallons to heart, is because it is a twelve gallon aquarium! It's specs are 13.8"Lx15.8"wx14.8" h and if you do the math, it actually comes out to be almost 14 gallons(13.96)that is why you get that kind of reaction from most people

1tankneverenuff
Originally posted by nanocurious

windmill, the reason why most people take the twelve gallons to heart, is because it is a twelve gallon aquarium! It's specs are 13.8"Lx15.8"wx14.8" h and if you do the math, it actually comes out to be almost 14 gallons(13.96)that is why you get that kind of reaction from most people

Sorry to go a little off topic fellas, but I am looking at starting a nano-cube as well. Anyways, nanocurious, where in Jacksonville are you located?

Archived