ReefCleaners.org

blue tang white spots

Bluezone

help...my new pacific blue tang looks like it's gonna die...two days after i got him he was acting strange like laying flat on the sand bed, but he was eating ok so i though maybe he's just a strange fish but 2 days later he's got a buch of whiteness around his body, it's more like an area of whiteness not spots or anything. and now he looks real weak, like he's getting drifted by the current... I put greenex in the tank and the filters quickly dissolved it....i don't know if i should take further steps like a freshwater dip..if so how should i do it exactly? please help quick i'll try to get a good foto

thanks

Bluezone..

sorry my camera sucks...this is the best it can do..

(damn ....while i was trying to get this pic i turned off then turned on the filter ...after i was done I didn't realize that when i turned it back on the fish was stuck to the side...and was too weak to break loose when i got back he looks even worse and looks like he's taking a big dump or maybe some of his insides are coming out....damn help please!!)attachment.php?s=&postid=224108

Check all water parameters and do a wc if necessary. Is the fish gasping or breathing rapidly. Is there any slime or whitish strands hanging off of him? How did you acclimate him? If there are no white bumps/specks then it is probably NOT "Ich" or lymphocystis. Possibly a bacterial infection or shock due to water parameters. Difficult to say without more info.

yes there are some strands coming off of him...after i posted last night i decided to do the fw dip and i think it worked cause some stuff did come off of him...also he got more lively with the fw dip...when i put him back,.. i took out all of the hermit crabs just in case he decided to go to the floor...right now my wife tells me he's still alive but just staying in one spot...i'm planning on another fw dip tonight and some more greenex in the main tank...

thanks for the post..

the hermits won't come back in until he makes it or he dies...

Bluezone..:(

well...just to let you all know....it's been 2 days and he's doing awesome..i've been doing nightly fw dips and he has all of his energy back....it looks like his skin is healing and i put all the hermit crabs back into the tank....i think the parasite that he got must have been in the tank from before i got him. that greenex stuff works great. i will continue the greenex treatments nightly until he is completely healed, he's eating good ane everything.,.i'm telling you he was a gonner i don't know how he pulled through...

Thanks

Bluezone.

Archived