inTank Media Baskets

Help with new Nano

qtpinoyboy408

qtpinoyboy408

I want to start a 20 gallon tank TruVu. I was wondering what the best lighting would be if i wanted to put coral in there and i wanted to know what water pump to get. Do you guys and girls agree with only using live rock and live sand and no filter or protien skimmer like how they recommend in the articals on this site?

Stuff i want to put in the tank:

2 clowns

fire fish

some damsels

and Various coral( can you suggest a good type and brand of light and hood and also a good water pump suggestions.

Thanks,

Ryan =-)

the lighting all depends on what kinds of corals you want to keep. there are so many options on this and you should decide what you want to keep before you purchase. id recomend 2x65w powercompact fixture to keep a basic tank with softies and stuff.

the amount of fish you ask for is way too many as well. id say max put the 2 clowns and a fire fish but over a long period of time. the damsels get agressive and wont be a good idea in a small tank. read the articles the site has to offer as to find out how many pumps you will need and what sizes, look at other 20 gallon tanks and see what they are using and lastly pick out what kidns of corals youw ant to keep so you dont waist money upgrading lights.

Archived