SaltCritters.com

Light for 29 gallon?

Tailz

I made a mistake and bought a zoo-med t5 fixture. I had been reading on nanoreef about t5 and got exctied when I read t-5 thinking all of them where the same. Boy was I surprised when I got home :P I'm taking my aquarium slow building up money so I can buy decent parts lately sooooooooooooooooooooo

What new t5 light should I get for a 29 gallon? I'm not fully sure on what coral I want to keep right now...

Also what bulbs? I made the mistake of buying the zoo-med ones too >.<

I made a mistake and bought a zoo-med t5 fixture. I had been reading on nanoreef about t5 and got exctied when I read t-5 thinking all of them where the same. Boy was I surprised when I got home :P I'm taking my aquarium slow building up money so I can buy decent parts lately sooooooooooooooooooooo

What new t5 light should I get for a 29 gallon? I'm not fully sure on what coral I want to keep right now...

Also what bulbs? I made the mistake of buying the zoo-med ones too >.<

That depends on how much you want to spend on the light and what you plan to keep. I like the plug and play options of the t5's there will be others to come by and tell you to go led or MH. I say take all advice with a grain of salt and research each option. I got the Odyssea 72watt t5 fixture just this week and with all the Odyssea is poo that goes on I did not think it was going to be much better then my PC's that I had. My entire living room is blue at night. So do the research look at the tanks in the members aquariums section and see what peoples tanks look like with different lighting.

I think the zoo-med is t5-NO. And that is just my 2cents

I'd like to go to LEDs someday considering I'm an electrical engineering major and have worked with them in the past :D (Yes I know aquarium leds are high output not the little simple ones in circuits) But at the current I'm wanting T5 I believe. I'm up for any light in the 100-250$ range but I'd rather spend in the closer to the 180ish range. That will allow me to keep a variety of corals. I'm not fully sure on the needs of all corals (Still studying up :mellow: ) I don't think I'll be keeping SPS for a very long time (a year probably O_O).

I was looking at the nova extremes but I'm a little confused. I know 30 in long is kinda hard to find on lights so I should purchase a 24 inch correct?

I'd like to go to LEDs someday considering I'm an electrical engineering major and have worked with them in the past :D (Yes I know aquarium leds are high output not the little simple ones in circuits) But at the current I'm wanting T5 I believe. I'm up for any light in the 100-250$ range but I'd rather spend in the closer to the 180ish range. That will allow me to keep a variety of corals. I'm not fully sure on the needs of all corals (Still studying up :mellow: ) I don't think I'll be keeping SPS for a very long time (a year probably O_O).

I was looking at the nova extremes but I'm a little confused. I know 30 in long is kinda hard to find on lights so I should purchase a 24 inch correct?

I personally would go with the 4x24 inch.

Archived