Cultivated Reef

Gla or ada

nemesis7

I need some expert opinions . I want to upgrade to an Ada or a gla aquarium. But I need to know which one is better, or of better quality and clarity. I know this is all Probubly just everyones opinions but I would like just that your opinions. Thanks in advance

I need some expert opinions . I want to upgrade to an Ada or a gla aquarium. But I need to know which one is better, or of better quality and clarity. I know this is all Probubly just everyones opinions but I would like just that your opinions. Thanks in advance

I have owned both and been satisfied with them equally I think it's all a matter of opinion good luck though :)

Thats what i was thinking that ada is better but here is another ? Why do all the ada tanks i see now have doaqua markings on them. Did they get bought out or just renaming

Thats what i was thinking that ada is better but here is another ? Why do all the ada tanks i see now have doaqua markings on them. Did they get bought out or just renaming

DoAqua is ADA's Economy Line

This why you should buy a ADA tank... SEXY!

ADA6.jpg

kriskristofferzen

i have had both the ADA mini M and the GLA 11 gallon. I would try the Do!aqua if you want the ADA line and want to save a few bucks. GLA is nice though too. I have spoken to Orlando with GLA on different occassions and the customer service was great. If you are into freshwater and want a quality CO2 regulator, I would highly reccomend them!

I have also spoken to ADG multiple times, with Jeff. Again, excellent customer service, they actually go out of their way for you! I have also ordered from Aqua Forest, and was impressed by them as well, but I would have to say that I favor purchasing from ADG.

So, really it comes down to what you want to spend, for a few more bucks, I would get the starfire glass with the ADA line. But if money is a pinch either the Do!Aqua (might as well still do the Starfire!), or the GLA would both be more than acceptable.

The GLA was also very well made, but their glass, I believe is similar in shade to the Do!Aqua, and has more Fe, I believe, and a little green tent;you'll have to research that one. I only wish they (either ADA retailers or GLA) offered drilled tanks! The ADA one is a little too much for my spending, like 700 bucks or something for their overflow tank.

By the way, Do!Aqua also has a reef salt mix, has anyone on here tried it? I am interested to see how it compares to the other major brands, right now I use tropic pro marin, anyone think the ADA would be better?

I have to throw this out there. I love ADA tanks, and their work is far superior to most tanks sold today. However, I will never buy an ADA or similar tank. I can de-rim any regular aqueon tank, and get that same great rimless feel. That way, if it gets scratched, I can just buy a new tank, and move everything over.

Now, ADA tanks and similar tanks, look completely invisible, where as a de-rimmed tank has a haze around the joints from the silicone job. This is really unnoticeable to me when filled and stocked though.

I love your sig quote. Did you come up with it or do you know who came up with it?

"Never make someone your priority, when they only make you an option." Author: Unknown

I think its just common sense.lol

I have to throw this out there. I love ADA tanks, and their work is far superior to most tanks sold today. However, I will never buy an ADA or similar tank. I can de-rim any regular aqueon tank, and get that same great rimless feel. That way, if it gets scratched, I can just buy a new tank, and move everything over.

Now, ADA tanks and similar tanks, look completely invisible, where as a de-rimmed tank has a haze around the joints from the silicone job. This is really unnoticeable to me when filled and stocked though.

For my next reef tank, i would never go back to aqueon or aga unless i got it for free. It's a pain in the ass to get 100% of the silicone off the rim.

I had a 20 gallon high that i de rimmed and after a while, it started to bow. and with tanks 15 gallon and larger, would you really risk de rimming the top and bottom? After going through a few regular petco tanks, having an ADA tank has made a HUGE difference. my 60P shows no signs of bowing or anything and the silicone is nearly invisible. ADA tanks cost a lot for a reason and once you have one, you will really be able to tell the difference

i have been to the aqua forest aquarium multiple times in San Francisco. They have a bunch of ADA tanks set up next to DO! Aqua tanks. measurements and everything is the same, but the edges of the glass on the DO!Aqua tanks stick out like a sore thumb because it's green from the standard glass. I say spend the extra money and go with ADA. How often will you be buying a display tank, right?

That makes sense. I just cannot keep from scratching the glass no matter how careful I am!!

yeha i put a few scraches on my tank the first day of aquascaping. it was PAINFUL. luckily it was on the back and i'm done moving rocks around.

Archived