ReefCleaners.org

Light Question

Aerixx

I just recieved my 10 White 3w creed and 10 3w Blue Cree LED light. Well it only has one plug in for both the white and the blue, I am wondering what I should do for the sunrise and sunset lighting? Thanks

Like Seabass said dusk and dawn lights aren't necessary at all, its mainly for the aesthetics. It sounds like the light you have only allows for on or off, so theres no way you could get only afew of the bulbs to come on for a dimmer dusk/dawn config. Buying a smaller light to work in conjuction with the larger light is the only option I can think of.

For me I like running a dusk and dawk portion to my light cycle, bc I only want to run my halide for 8 hours max a day (power + heat issues), but would like to keep the tank viewable for 12hours.

lawnmowerblenny

I HAVE 2 FNI FIXTURES ONES A 30" 4 BULB T5HO AND HAS TO POWERCHORDS/SWITCHES ONE POWERCHORD POWERS 2 BLUE BULBS THE OTHER IS 1 BLUE AND ONE 20KWHITE.... tHE OTHER FIXTURE IS A FNI 150W MH 10K BULB

SO HAVE A TOTAL OF 3 POWER CHORDS

I HAVE 1 SMALL CORALIFE TIMER ,SINGLE PLUG/ ANALOG

ALSO HAVE A ZOOMED ANALOG TIMER HAS 4 TIMED PLUGS & 4 REG PLUGS

I WANT TO KNOW IF I WILL BE STRAIGHT RUNNING THE MH ON THE CORALIFE TIMER AND RUNNING THE T5 ON THE ZOO MED TIMER ALONG(SWITH MANUALLY 20K WHITE LIGHT OFF WHEN i TURN OF MH AND RUN BLUE ONLY BULBS FOR 2 MORE HOURS..... WITH FILTER & POWERHEADS AND HEATER....(DONT WANT TO OVERLOAD AND FRY ANYTHING SO IS THIS TO MUCH FOR THESE POWER STRIPS?)

Ok thanks, I will just run it without Sunrise sunset for now, its 60w so power is not much of an issue. I set my tank up on Sunday, how long before I should order my snails, and thanks for the help :)

Archived