Pod Your Reef

NC12: diary of an L.A. tank

gena

surgicalsense

Tank is looking good my dear and yes I was off yesterday. I had to take the lil girl to the doctors for her check up. But, I am back to the office as usual right now.

I need to get a algea scaper for the FW tank. I kinda scratched mine with the nimble nano :huh: Also, found the LED light on MarineDepot. But, either way I have to break these little tanks down.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Btw, those are chairs she's laying under right? They look so awesomely retro!

Cute. I've never had a dog that had to be groomed but my girlfriend has a maltese now. It's weird how much difference the cuts make!

I was going to say the same thing about the chairs. I have a thing for furniture design. I loved LACMA and their Eames collection.

I took another side view FTS yesterday later in the day. It's not a ton of difference, but you can definitely see that things are more awake.

ftsside2.jpg

Sweet :happy:

I am still torn between the open, minimalistic rockscape and something more full like yours. I can't decide what I like best. All I know is that yours is awesome and mine is not what I want it to be... but doesn't everyone say that? haha.

OMG she is adorable!

The tank looks great Gena! My lights dont come on until 2 but then it is WC time and then pics.

Love the tank hope you and A are feeling well! And thanks for advertising! ;)

Thanks, Randi! I feel fine. My son sounds terrible. He pretty much has no voice! I hate when he misses school. Today is day 3...ugh! He's going tomorrow for sure though. Next week is spring break.

What a cutie pie!

I have two little girls, one poodle and a pompoo. They need the groomer desperately. I'll try and get a pic for ya'll.

Thanks, Mark!!!! Definitely get us a pic!!!!

I love it when my girl's come home from the groomer! Poor Zoey looked like a rug before she got groomed last week.

The pictures from your tank always look so nice! All the pink just makes me think of a fantasy wonderland. Your tank looks amazing! Those gobies are adorable.

I love it too! They are so soft and smell so good :) I just wish it lasted longer. It's supposed to rain here which means Chloe will turn into a curly mop :lol:

Thanks about my tank too. I definitely have a very pink tank. Reminds me of cotton candy. I didn't intend for this tank to be so one colored...but I bought what I like, which just happened to be a lot of pink :lol:

Rain..... it started here a few minutes ago. I need to drink my coffee then go to the LFS and Grocery store. BLEH. I hate going out when it's raining people drive like ijits.

I hate going out when it's raining people drive like ijits.

Me too. It couldn't possibly be worse than Atlantans in rain.

Gena, do you not want to share your beautiful aquarium with your Facebook friends?

Tank is looking good my dear and yes I was off yesterday. I had to take the lil girl to the doctors for her check up. But, I am back to the office as usual right now.

I need to get a algea scaper for the FW tank. I kinda scratched mine with the nimble nano :huh: Also, found the LED light on MarineDepot. But, either way I have to break these little tanks down.

Is your FW acrylic?

Cute. I've never had a dog that had to be groomed but my girlfriend has a maltese now. It's weird how much difference the cuts make!

I was going to say the same thing about the chairs. I have a thing for furniture design. I loved LACMA and their Eames collection.

Sweet :happy:

I am still torn between the open, minimalistic rockscape and something more full like yours. I can't decide what I like best. All I know is that yours is awesome and mine is not what I want it to be... but doesn't everyone say that? haha.

Grooming is incredibly expensive :lol: But they look so adorable afterwards :happy:

I have a very eclectic style. I love a little of everything. Keeps life interesting and fun ;)

Rain..... it started here a few minutes ago. I need to drink my coffee then go to the LFS and Grocery store. BLEH. I hate going out when it's raining people drive like ijits.

Ours starts Friday night and it's supposed to get cold (Lows upper 30s and highs low 50s....brrrrr). It was just in the 80s last week...no wonder we have these darn colds!!!!!

Me too. It couldn't possibly be worse than Atlantans in rain.

Gena, do you not want to share your beautiful aquarium with your Facebook friends?

You're right...I don't post my tanks on FB. I used to a little bit with my other tanks. I didn't have friends into fish so it wasn't appreciated. Now you guys are on there but you are also here to see my pictures, so less work to just post in one place :)

I might eventually post a few there. You'll find that I don't have a lot to say on FB :lol:

Just got my lettuce nudis and sponge..they sent an extra sponge too. Now I have to acclimate these guys...my least favorite part :lol:

Just got my lettuce nudis and sponge..they sent an extra sponge too. Now I have to acclimate these guys...my least favorite part :lol:

How cool! Hope they are hungry!

Luv to see em when you get a chance. I don't know anything about nudi's

Me too! I don't really know much about them either. In fact, I'm kind of nervous about them. They are much smaller than I expected! I sure hope they do ok. They seem so delicate! I'll get pictures when they are in the tank. They are still acclimating right now. I think I'll do a pretty long acclimation on them just to be safe.

Gah! I can't stand looking at your thread when my corals are so unhappy! I need to get my tank to look like yours! And your dog is too cute! My doxie has never been groomed and needs it badly!

I really want a nudi because I see them all the time while diving and they're so cool. I don't have enough algae in my tank for one though. I'm excited for pictures! What kind of sponges did you get btw?

I didn't get any acclimation pictures but I did snap some right after putting them in. Then it was lights out so they could settle in. I got a yellow ball sponge (just like msscha's) and a yellow frilly sponge as a freebie. The freebie is nice and small so I could easily squeeze it in.

I really had no business buying more stuff for this tank. My space is, well, non existant. I plopped the yellow ball sponge down right in the middle. At some point I may swap it with the space the nuclear green palys are in. I'm too lazy to do it right now. So....for now it will just have to stick out right in the middle :lol:

Pics......

Larger of the two nudis

nudi.jpg

smaller guy

nudi2.jpg

FTS with ball sponge in place

sponge2.jpg

Yellow frilly sponge on the side

sponge.jpg

I had to protect the nudis when I first put them in. Everyone was very interested in the new inhabitants. Especially the cleaner shrimp. After about 15 minutes of chasing the shrimp away...it lost interest.

How cute!

Did you get those from Sea Life Inc? I love them :)

I don't think I have enough algae for nudis but they are really neat critters.

Yep...sealifeinc! The little one is moving around a lot. The big one, not so much. He traveled a little distance but not a whole lot. I hope they do ok! I'm nervous about them.

Their so pretty! I bet their not moving much because they are filling their tummies!

Nice sponges! I like the orange frilly one! Their both cool though!

I love the new stuff Gena! I'm jealous of you having nudibranchs, and both of those sponges are such a nice pop of color. I got to looking at the Sea Life Inc website and they offer $14 shipping on some of the hardier stuff. They've got nano sized red brittle stars for $4.50 a piece that I'm tempted to buy. Hmmm...should I do it?

Interesting new additions! Pardon my ignorance, but do sponges do anything other than look pretty? Are they just a softie? :blush:

I love the new stuff Gena! I'm jealous of you having nudibranchs, and both of those sponges are such a nice pop of color. I got to looking at the Sea Life Inc website and they offer $14 shipping on some of the hardier stuff. They've got nano sized red brittle stars for $4.50 a piece that I'm tempted to buy. Hmmm...should I do it?

Do it!! I got one of their nano red brittle stars and she is beautiful. She takes food right from my hands.

Interesting new additions! Pardon my ignorance, but do sponges do anything other than look pretty? Are they just a softie? :blush:

They are not coral and a filter feeder, some are photosynthetic. :) They can either be the easiest thing in your tank, or the hardest, depending on the species. I have a few hitchhiker sponges that seem happy. Gena's are way prettier!

nevermore1701

Get a couple! I have two of the red brittles and two of the striped nano stars, and they're a load of fun. They do a great job of keeping the bottom of the tank clean, are really cool looking, and it's hilarious when they steal pellets and mysis from the hermit crabs :D

Thanks, guys!

Yes, Felicia. As the others have said too...get one :) They are cool critters for sure. And the company is awesome. Packing was top notch. Mine were sent priority mail and did exceptionally well.

Both nudis are out and about this morning...yay! Least they lived through the night. They are hanging out/crawling around in the algae fingerscrossed

My sponges aren't photoysnthetic. They are filter feeders. You can get some in amazing colors!!!!!

Just got my lettuce nudis and sponge..they sent an extra sponge too.

omgomgomg That orange filly one is so cool. And the lettuce nudis are cute :wub:

When they get big you can harvest them for kitchen sponges and save money. </sarcasm>

Thanks, Ethan!

I just couldn't stand the ball sponge smack in the middle, so I already moved it to the side. MUCH better :happy:

Oh....guess the yellow ball sponge's name? Yep...Spongebob :lol: I didn't name him, btw :)

Archived