Pod Your Reef

125mph's Solana XL 60 (Closed)

125mph

Those snowflakes are beautiful! Where did you get them from if you don't mind me asking. my personal favorites are the black ice snowflakes. Man, I want a pair bad.

Those are Diver's Den.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi guys.. This thread is no officially done.

I upgraded to a 120G starfire tank, and sold the Solana XL 60 to a member on the forums.

_DSC0006.JPG

I upgraded to a 120G starfire tank, and sold the Solana XL 60 to a member on the forums.

_DSC0006.JPG

That would be me! (build thread coming soon) .

Thanks again for the tank. Of course now after seeing your 120g, it's all I can talk/think about. That really is an incredible stand you built, hands down the nicest I've seen. And the custom tank, incredible. Planning on a thread for your new tank?

Thanks,

Khris

_DSC0006.JPG

That tank is sooooo pimp! What brand is the tank itself?

That would be me! (build thread coming soon) .

Thanks again for the tank. Of course now after seeing your 120g, it's all I can talk/think about. That really is an incredible stand you built, hands down the nicest I've seen. And the custom tank, incredible. Planning on a thread for your new tank?

Thanks,

Khris

Hi Khris,

When you set up the tank, be sure to put the gasket in the bulkhead so it doesnt leak. I'm sure u know that already :).

As for the build thread, I do have a small thread on the reefcentral forum but I haven't really been keeping it active.

That tank is sooooo pimp! What brand is the tank itself?

It's custom made by LeeMar. They are a local company in San Diego and do custom glass tanks in the west coast. It's pretty sick!, very happy with the craftsmanship of the tank.

Hi Khris,

When you set up the tank, be sure to put the gasket in the bulkhead so it doesnt leak. I'm sure u know that already :).

As for the build thread, I do have a small thread on the reefcentral forum but I haven't really been keeping it active.

It's custom made by LeeMar. They are a local company in San Diego and do custom glass tanks in the west coast. It's pretty sick!, very happy with the craftsmanship of the tank.

Nice, luckily I'm here on LA. I might look into that for my next tank. What are the dimensions?

Nice, luckily I'm here on LA. I might look into that for my next tank. What are the dimensions?

48"x24"x24".. I loved the dimensions of the solana so I just doubled it!

• 3 weeks later...

Do you remember what size drill bit you used to drill the holes in your ceiling for the hanging kit? It seems like it needs something pretty big.

Do you remember what size drill bit you used to drill the holes in your ceiling for the hanging kit? It seems like it needs something pretty big.

Yep, the included toggle bolt needs like 1/2" drill bit. I actually brought bigger toggle bots because i wanted the load weight to be higher just in case :) I ended up with 1/4" x 3" toggle bolts which requires 3/4" drill bit. (I'm not 100% certain about the 1/4" size but I am certain about the 3/4" drill bit cause its in my tool kit still )

Archived