Coral Vue Hydros

Biocube media basket overflowing problem

zasha9

Have had the in tank media basket installed on my biocube 8 for a week or so and am having problems with the top rack not draining fast enough so the water is just overflowing around the media rack. I am running filter floss on the top, purigen in 2nd chamber, and chemipure in third. I have a mini jet 606 pump installed as well.

I have taken out the purigen and left second chamber empty to see if this fixed it but it still overflows. Also the water in the third chamber is normally slightly below the top of my pump and if it goes much further it will be sucking in air.

Any suggestions?

thanks

Have had the in tank media basket installed on my biocube 8 for a week or so and am having problems with the top rack not draining fast enough so the water is just overflowing around the media rack. I am running filter floss on the top, purigen in 2nd chamber, and chemipure in third. I have a mini jet 606 pump installed as well.

I have taken out the purigen and left second chamber empty to see if this fixed it but it still overflows. Also the water in the third chamber is normally slightly below the top of my pump and if it goes much further it will be sucking in air.

Any suggestions?

thanks

How often do you change the filter floss? As it gets dirty the the flow slows down. Do you turn your pumps off when you feed?

fresh filter floss.

tried the ziptie and it seemed to help with overflow in chamber 2 :] but chamber 3 is still very low.

Should i ziptie purigen to top rack instead of it resting on bottom of second as well?

Any recommendation on increasing amount of water in chamber 3?

Just pour more saltwater into chamber three to raise the water level. This will also raise the water in chamber 2, I believe most have the water level between the top and middle rack of the mediabasket.

When I was running that in my BC29 I found that the chempure was not allowing enough flow through the botom of the rack... so if you have a full chempure pouch in the small BC8 media rank i could imagine that it would not allow enough water to flow through it even more then my large media rack.

Archived