Top Shelf Aquatics

Aqua SpaceLight Mini Fixture

kgbenson

Any thoughts on using an Aqua SpaceLight Mini Fixture over a Via Aqua 18 gallon tank? I know this thing is supposed to be a pendant, but is it possible to get some of those nifty plastic legs and have it stand up off the tank 4-5 inches?

thanks for any help,

Keith

Gerard the fish

The aqua Spacelight mini actually comes with with steel cable mounts for your ceiling and which are really kick-ass and also allow you to raise and lower the fixture when acclimating corals

I do think the cables are cool - but just not for this application - I would really, really like to mount it on braces over the tank. This will be for a Via Aqua 18. To be honest would love to see a 20 inch metal halide, CP actinic combo that would fit like the stock hood. Particulalry with the same or similar look. I have comtemplated the mods I have seen hereabouts but I am not entirely certain I wouldn't screw it up.

thanks!

Keith

• 4 weeks later...

Hello. I'm in the same boat as you. I have the Via Aqua 18 with 2x36W PC bulbs. I'm replacing the 7100K daylight and the 12,000K blue bulb with a 10,000K and a true actinic, respectively. I'd like to change over to MH with actinic supplementation, but I'm not sure if that'd work out well in the confines of the hood, or not. Let me know what you end up doing. The Aqua Spacelights are really sexy, but they are pretty expensive!

Steve

Here's a 20" Halide fixture from Premium Aquatics Click Here

The dimensions are 20"X 9"X 2" and you can probably make your own stand for it. I also have a Via Aqua 18 gallon and may purchase this fixture.

I have a 3 month old AquaSpacelight Mini (silver) that i'm going to be selling in about 2 weeks. In perfect condition, and I'll probably put a brand new BLV 10 or 20k bulb in for the buyer. I'm buying a new SLS Maristar fixture because I want the t5's along with the HQI.

$275 + shipping.

email me if interested johngirgenti@comcast.net

Archived