Coral Vue Hydros

29G Biocube Planted Tank

thevidon

Hello, figured I'd post up a thread in here about my planted biocube. Here are a couple shots I snapped today:

FTS:

P2190089s.jpg

Closeup of some macro:

P2190083s.jpg

Pretty red macro from reefcleaners:

P2190087s.jpg

I can't seem to shake this GHA problem though. I can't understand how it is outcompeting a tank full of macros, and fuge in the back with chaeto/caulerpa. I'm running HCGFO and using RO/DI.

grrrrrrr.....

NICE!

Have you tried just manual removal of the GHA? I had a huge patch of GHA kinda like yours. What I continued to do was manual removal and frequent water changes. In about a months time it just never grew back cause of all my other macro algae in the same tank.

Check your RO/DI with a TDS and toss in some big turbos. They will knock out the GHA (or mine did) then give them back to LFS. Also, I watched blue legs eat it.

Check your RO/DI with a TDS and toss in some big turbos. They will knock out the GHA (or mine did) then give them back to LFS. Also, I watched blue legs eat it.

RO/DI is 0 on the TDS meter. I have been manually removing the GHA but it keeps coming back. :( Pretty frustrating.

Here is another pic:

P2190088s.jpg

Funktastic Wint
RO/DI is 0 on the TDS meter. I have been manually removing the GHA but it keeps coming back. :( Pretty frustrating.

Here is another pic:

P2190088s.jpg

+1 turbo snails

or a sea hare

carbon-mantis

Alternately, if the rocks can be moved without destabilizing anything a toothbrush may do the trick.

Whatever that red algae is, it's awesome looking.

Check you mag level, it may be too low. I would raise it to 1500ppm. The gha will turn yellow and start to die off. Also may want to increase the amount of GFO you're using. As others have said, have someone check you PO4. Also cut back on feeding. Manual removal is good to.

Archived