inTank Media Baskets

how to catch a single fish with ich

tankcrazed

hey,

I'm so stupid!!! Bought myself a coral beauty a week ago, and because it looked healthy and I apparently don't learn from my mistakes, I put it straight into my display tank...and now it seems to have ich...

What should I do? There are another 6 fish in the tank that healthy as of now. I can't take the rocks apart, because it's full of encrusted sps colonies...

How can i catch that guy? Or should I just leave him?

It's totaly pointless to treat only one fish as the ich is in your tank and will stay there forever unless you remove all the fish, treat them with hyposalinity for 4 weeks and leave your aquarium empty of fish for 8 weeks. Otherwise as soon as your other fish will be stressed, or as soon as you put the coral beauty back in your tank it's going to get ick again.

Even if your other fish show no sign of ick, it's already on their gills and will remain there.

hey,

I'm so stupid!!! Bought myself a coral beauty a week ago, and because it looked healthy and I apparently don't learn from my mistakes, I put it straight into my display tank...and now it seems to have ich...

What should I do? There are another 6 fish in the tank that healthy as of now. I can't take the rocks apart, because it's full of encrusted sps colonies...

How can i catch that guy? Or should I just leave him?

but my qt tank is only 24g and i couldn't treat them all at once. The question is how i get him out of there without breaking all the corals off..

Any suggestions?

try a bottle trap? they're cheap and DIY.

or I've heard of people using a barbless hook and hooking fish out?

I'm in a similar situation, except I'll be treating all my fish, since almost everyone has noticable cysts.

Archived