Top Shelf Aquatics

how fast for button polyps?

koolyce

Hi,

someone give me 2 buttons polyps...yes 2...really small but it's a gift so I take it. How fast it will grow and multiply? I give food mostly every day, but I was wondering on a JBJ Nano how fast it will multiply.

thanks

I have a bunch of polyps in my JBJ and I have noticed that they don't grow very fast, even with feeding.

I'm assuming you have the dull brown ones with a green tinge to their centers... they are carnivourous and will eat flakes, brine shrimp, pellets. If you feed them every other day I think they'll multiply nicely.

It took my yellow polyp(yeah, started w/ just one) almost three months to send off another polyp, but it was only a couple weeks after moving it higher up in the tank.

2 months ago I got a zoo frag (green & brown ones) with 4 polyps on it. They are in a 10 Gal under 80W of PC light. I now have 10 total with a few more buds growing. I have never directly fed them either. They are also placed in the top half of the tank.HTH.

I second the light comment.

Button and star polyps grow best under strong lighting with proper supplements like kalk in the tank. My best growth with buttons occurred under bright light and a good Ca+ base. You wont see hardly any growth with stock lighting...sorry.

Archived