inTank Media Baskets

anyone know about linkia parasites? What is this?

miketron75

Is this a commensal organism, it is exactly the same color as the star?. Or is it maybe a crustacean parasite of some sort...They arent snails, they are lightning fast , i think shrimp or prob crustacean parasite... the star looks perfect but there are about ten of these fast moving tiny flea-like things on it.....???

post-26146-1298170661_thumb.jpg

post-26146-1298170671_thumb.jpg

Linkia's sometimes have parasitic snails that bore into them. The shells can be the same color as the star, so I'm guessing what you're seeing are baby parasitic snails.

Linkia's sometimes have parasitic snails that bore into them. The shells can be the same color as the star, so I'm guessing what you're seeing are baby parasitic snails.

They arent snails, they are lightniing fast , i think shrimp or propb crustacean parasite

They arent snails, they are lightniing fast , i think shrimp or propb crustacean parasite

Archived