ReefCleaners.org

55 GALLON Aquascaping question

linbeg

I have a 55 gallon fowlr with one or two frags and was wondering how some people aquascaped their live rock. Do most people arrange the live rock in such a way that it leans at the back of the fish tank? Or do most people arrange to be in the middle? What is the most preferable one or beneficial one?

I have a 55 gallon fowlr with one or two frags and was wondering how some people aquascaped their live rock. Do most people arrange the live rock in such a way that it leans at the back of the fish tank? Or do most people arrange to be in the middle? What is the most preferable one or beneficial one?

I prefer not stacking rocks up against walls at all. Especially with a FOWLR system, the extra couple of inches between rock and glass can be that much more continuous swimming space for fish (around the rocks).

In nature, fish and corals have a LOT of space and water,

sad to see a lot of tanks are too crowded...

I dig the open spaces for many reasons...

Dare to be different, don't be boring!!!... :D

This is probably the best setup in terms of surface area usage I've seen. GJ peewee.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=258128

Idk about that one... Not enough use of forward and backwards 3D space for my taste. Using your rock in a smart way so that you can get a good 3D effect with tons of swimming face for fish makes scaping such a challenge. Usually rock changes place after people have it in the tank, I've never gotten it right on the first try.

I like this one much better: http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...t&p=3238396 .

I'd 'scape as to leave a lot of open sand bed, keeping the rocks off of the walls and side, and in a way to create as many caves and pass throughs for the fish as possible. I don't drill, don't use PVC pipes, or use glue. I let it all be natural in case I want to change it around later.

Aquascaping makes me want to pull my hair out sometimes.

lawnmowerblenny

check my scape, I think you will like....aquascape_55.jpg

The key to a good scape imo is lots of caves, overhangs, and various height placement for your corals(somewhere you can place your corals securly that need high intensity lighting)

clams, nems, and stony corals

Archived