SaltCritters.com

Chaeto lighting

Thresher

Waste of time. 5W halogen submersible pond lights work much better.

I got this same advice. I had a hard time finding those halogens for some reason. I looked on StevieT's site, but could only find bulbs. I would have rather bought from him.

These shipped yeterday:

5 W Halogens

I also got one of these, that I may put over the top of the fuge, space permitting.

Cree XP-G emitter, driver, and heat sink

Anyone try these for their fuge?

http://www.bigalsonline.com/Fish_Lighting_...82.html?tc=fish

At $10 it seems like a good deal. They are fully submersible (saltwater safe?)but am wondering if it puts out enough light for a small amount of chaeto. If you have one how is the quality of the build?

First of all :welcome: to N-R! This is the best site out there. Promise you will like it.

Second, go 5w halogens.

If its a JBJ you could do a JBJ nano Glow.

that XP-G page isn't loading for me, but I have had very good luck growing chaeto under a single cool white XP-G at 1-1.5A. works much better than 5w halogens.

Omg I can't believe I've been on this site for almost a year an haven't heard of these submersible halogens until now. That would be perfect for my pico in the bedroom!

this looks like a great alternative to the nano-glo, the price difference is huge let please let us know how it goes. I am preparing to setup a bc14 as well and am planning on a mediabasket with cheato and a light, so I'll be keeping an eye on this.

Shop light and a spaghetti bulb, imo.

That's what I use--I use the 40w version (actual, not equivalent). They are cheap and always effective, IME.

Unless the led's are high powered dont waste your money. I bought a cheap submersible led light for my fuge and it isnt bright enough to grow chaeto. Get the 5w submersible pond light.

Archived