Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Tunze 9002

austinp

So i have added my tunze 9002 to my solana about 5 days ago but im still getting all water and no skimmate. I know there is a break in period, but is it normal to just get water after 5 days?

So i have added my tunze 9002 to my solana about 5 days ago but im still getting all water and no skimmate. I know there is a break in period, but is it normal to just get water after 5 days?

Depending on tank conditions it may take another week to really break in.I would run the skimmer with the water level about 1/2 inch below the line marked on the skimmer. Adjust the air so that you can just see foam/bubbles rising to the bottom of the collection cup. Leave it that way until a thick foam starts to rise and then open the blue screw just a little at a time.Otherwise you just get a cup of clear water. When it does break in you should be able to adj the blue air screw to get a very thick foam or a more watery foam, whichever you prefer. Its a good skimmer you just need to give it time to break in and then be patient with your adjustments.

Archived