inTank Media Baskets

Making a trip for more coral!

DimePieceReef

DimePieceReef

Hey reef peeps! The wifey has alloted me some $$$$ to get some more coral for my b-day! :D Though Im not sure where I want to go yet. I usually get my coral off local reefers or at my LFS Aqaurium Center in Blackwwod NJ. Does anyone know of any others? In the philly jersey area. Im willing to drive a at least an hour out of the way. I was thinking either The Hidden Reef in Levitown or East Coast Aquatics north of philly. Thoughts appreciated.

Hey reef peeps! The wifey has alloted me some $$$$ to get some more coral for my b-day! :D Though Im not sure where I want to go yet. I usually get my coral off local reefers or at my LFS Aqaurium Center in Blackwwod NJ. Does anyone know of any others? In the philly jersey area. Im willing to drive a at least an hour out of the way. I was thinking either The Hidden Reef in Levitown or East Coast Aquatics north of philly. Thoughts appreciated.

i'm more central jersey (bout an hr 15 outside of philly) btu the places i frequent are ocean gallery ii (has some decent prices) or absolutely fish up in clifton<-- pricey as heck but it is a really, really nice and well kept store. all the tanks are super clean, have never seen algae or anything in their fish or coral tanks. i've only bought from the clearance frag section (got 2 zoa frags for ~$5 ea). i don't go there as often because it is a good hour away and i haven't been there since i really started keeping coral because its just so much cheaper from other local reefers. good luck on your search!

if i remember correctly there was a nice reef store in north delaware, which is sweet because you don't have to worry about tax :D

edit: i asked this like a year ago here..but most are in jersey..http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=229635&hl=

heard good things about this place: http://www.eastcoastaquatics.com/directions.html

DimePieceReef
i'm more central jersey (bout an hr 15 outside of philly) btu the places i frequent are ocean gallery ii (has some decent prices) or absolutely fish up in clifton<-- pricey as heck but it is a really, really nice and well kept store. all the tanks are super clean, have never seen algae or anything in their fish or coral tanks. i've only bought from the clearance frag section (got 2 zoa frags for ~$5 ea). i don't go there as often because it is a good hour away and i haven't been there since i really started keeping coral because its just so much cheaper from other local reefers. good luck on your search!

if i remember correctly there was a nice reef store in north delaware, which is sweet because you don't have to worry about tax :D

Thx greed! Ive heard some good things about absolutey fish..Im gonna check out how long the trip would be...tax free is always good too. Ill do some research on that one most def.

Not sure how good/bad your locals are but where im at in ohio everytime I walk into a LFS I get so dissapointed in their lack of or overpriced stock. I have found a couple locals off CL that have alot more than any of the LFS. I can walk out with 6-10 frags or a few nice small colonys for $100.

Good Luck and make sure you show us pics!!

gg

If you go to Hidden Reef, check out the Fish Factory about 2 minutes away, it is a smaller place but usually has some gems.

FYI I was at the HR yesterday, saw LOTS of flatworms.

There is a little store in SomersPoint, called New World Pet Center. He has a pretty decent frag tank. In Pleasantville is a the Ocean Aquarium. Not alot of corals, but his livestock is pretty hardy. I go to the Aquarium Center as my main LFS, though it's an hour away. Have fun...keep us posted.

Take a drive out to That Pet Place in Lancaster, PA. You won't be disappointed!

yes you will

I really dont care for that place. The coral prices and stupid expensive.....and yes I have been there more times then I can count

Archived