Top Shelf Aquatics

Weeeeee..ok this is my last 1D3 I buy

05XRunner

LOL No more swapping bodies around till i can afford a 1D4..LOL

I decided to take some pics with my 7D before Its gone..I love this flash commander..I just have my 580ex sitting on the entertainment center providing light. I will be buying a 17-40L in a week or so then a 24-70L to complete my setup

IMG_1629.jpg

IMG_1627.jpg

IMG_1626.jpg

IMG_1621.jpg

IMG_1620.jpg

IMG_1615.jpg

IMG_1611.jpg

IMG_1610.jpg

IMG_1609.jpg

IMG_1603.jpg

IMG_1600.jpg

IMG_1595.jpg

IMG_1593.jpg

So, does the 580 have to be within line-of-sight to fire, or is it RF wireless? I have the 580EX II, and I'm wondering if the 5D mkII has the flash commander. It would save money on pocket wizards, down the road.

trade 24-70 for 7d lol

I would but my 7D is defective and canon did not fix the large hot pixel in video and I am not fighting with them to refund me my money.

No you cant use the 5DII..the 7D was the first body to have flash commander..it does not to be in line of sight..the on board flash emits a signal as the flash was behind me a few shots and fired no problem. I am def going to be picking up a 60D in the coming months for straight video and it has flash commander in it as well.

:(

Oh well, I guess I could always just pick up a couple lower model flashes in the future. My 580EX II can command other flashes, so that'll be nice.

Archived