Coral Vue Hydros

96W powerquad

konapete

i bought the 96pwrquad from customsea life or coralsea life, can't remember it's made by the company that didn't fold. anyway i love mine the legs were only $8.00 my husband put it on our 12g eclipse. it has a fan for cooling. shop around they are various prices elsewhere.

GoldStripeMaroon

Gabbeyshell.

I must ask, I think that's awesome to take the 96W powerquad pc and put it on the eclipse, my question is, how did you do that?

Did you just take the hood off the eclipse, and then place the quad pc light directly on top, resting flush on the edges of the eclipse 12? Would you mind telling me, because that is an awesome idea!

How bad is the evaporation under that quad pc? Are you doing small daily top offs or what? Thanks so much!

goldstripe- i ordered the legs to go w/ it and it's awesome. my red brain loves it!!!! as far as evaporation goes i do top offs in the am and when i get home also i check it before i go to bed. the light is great highly recommended unless you want clams or other intensive light creatures. search the web and you should find custom sealife website and we ordered it for about $90.

GoldStripeMaroon

Thats good to hear, but how is it mounted? Did you just take the eclipse hood off completely and now the top is open with the pc mounted on its legs on the sides?

I don't want to keep clams, so this sounds like a great lighting choice for a 20" length. :)

u got it. you can adjust the legs to move side to side. it sounds wierd but the bracket legs slide. i love my choice. i did have a 32w supernova, until i bought my red brain and realized they i didn't have sufficient lighting. i think you will like it and it is coral life. i think you will like it. i also have a thing for carbon so i bought a small mini filter to hang on the left side of the tank and now i just bought a refuge hob. i did leave the top black part just removed the hood.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived