Coral Vue Hydros

I need some help guys

Earley

I get more info here than my lfs as there quite arrogant there. I have loads of what looks like fleas on my glass.

Small minute white things that seem to be moving arround. all over the front of my tank.

I also have what i now think is a barnicale?

What are these and how do i remove them or are they okay?

Thanks mate thats a big help.. TBH i dont know what it is. Its like a load of whiskers stripped sometimes the go in some times they pop out.

spaghetti worms?

there are tons of little critters in the tanks that are just fine.

if you have access to a microscope take a pipet and suck out some water in the sand bed and check out all the stuff moving around in the water.. its crazy how much life is in the tanks

also. Thumbs down to arrogant stores. I hate when people are like that.

i work at a LFS only one day a week. I love talking about reef tanks and helping people get into the hobby and stay in it. everyone is at a different stage in reef keeping.. thats what makes it fun :)

thanks mate the guys at my lfs are not helpful they have the knowlage but wont share it. should i add a cuc now? ive been cycling water for three weeks and the live rocks been in two so 5 weeks in total?

as long as you acclimate the cuc i would think you would be fine. nice slow drip and they should be fine in anything :)

(usually.. i just toss them in though.. lol when giving advice i always recommend the recommended methods lol)

thanks mate the guys at my lfs are not helpful they have the knowlage but wont share it. should i add a cuc now? ive been cycling water for three weeks and the live rocks been in two so 5 weeks in total?

You cant really cycle a tank with just water. The cycle probably didn't start(or restarted when you added the LR) The only way to know if you should add a CUC is by testing the water. you should have zero ammonia and nitrites before you add the CUC.

Did you read my reply about top-offs on your other thread? It is important before you start adding livestock.

if there is live rock in there chances are he got a little spike and things are fine.

is there any algae growth yet? if so you've cycled.

squirrelieygrrrl
You cant really cycle a tank with just water. The cycle probably didn't start(or restarted when you added the LR) The only way to know if you should add a CUC is by testing the water. you should have zero ammonia and nitrites before you add the CUC.

Did you read my reply about top-offs on your other thread? It is important before you start adding livestock.

+1

make sure all your params are in order before adding livestock.

http://ficklewaters.com/category/basics/

lots of good stuff on here, courtesy of jer.

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2007-03/rhf/index.php

and! this one is a good read to understand reef chemistry and the basics.

is there any algae growth yet? if so you've cycled.

If you look at his post, he has only had the LR in the tank for two weeks. The tank could be ready by now, but only testing will tell you for sure. The presence of algae, although a good indicator of nitrates, doesnt mean that the tank isn't still full of ammonia.

I also dont belive that the cycle is a one time event. Every tank will "cycle" constantly. There is a contsant Push/pull between the bioload of the tank and the bacteria that provides the filtration.

Thanks mate thats a big help.. TBH i dont know what it is. Its like a load of whiskers stripped sometimes the go in some times they pop out.

Peanut worm..

they are zooplankton, i have them on lower part of the glass before, once I put a fish in, bang they are gone. I would prefer they are not eaten though, my corals seem to grow better with those little 'fleas'

squirrelieygrrrl

uhm,

just a thought. its kind of hard to id something with out pics. wantonly throwing around id's is kind of useless, as its just speculation.....

though as a guess the critters the op has are probably indeed common hitchhikers.

Archived