ReefJunkee

Macroalgae and worms invading my tank!

ReefJunkee

At first they weren't really a problem, but they are growing and expanding fast. I probably have over 30 of those worm-like creatures all over my tank. They attach themselves on one end and sway with the currents on the other end. I first noticed the macro algae almost two months ago. It is now moving to neighboring rocks. I was hoping someone could help me ID them?

post-64535-1297881260_thumb.jpg

post-64535-1297881272_thumb.jpg

Sunstar

I have those worms. they come, they go. Not a problem. I would like your caulauptra. not sure of teh species though.

Builder Anthony

The one on the left is a hydroid and is nothing to worry sbout it sends tenticles out to try and find food.

lakshwadeep

The first are digitate hydroids, which aren't so bad. The caulerpa is more of a problem to control. Try to be careful if you decide to remove it to avoid releasing small pieces.

ReefJunkee

You guys are great. Thank you!

This caulerpa is going to be a pain. I took out the two rocks and removed as much as I could by hand. I even used a tooth brush for areas that were too small to reach. Even so, I can still see some traces of it left. Something tells me this won’t be the end of it…

Sunstar

Just mail it to me.