ReefCleaners.org

¿can i use sand that is not alive?fresh water sand

arthurminireef

arthurminireef

hi everyone just got a little question dont no much about marine just learning from all u lot.

Ive got some sand that hasent ever bean used i use some ob it for a fresh water tank(i had to put that bit in the bin) woud it be allrite it is because not much mony and got that at home jajaja.

thanks every one :D

hi everyone just got a little question dont no much about marine just learning from all u lot.

Ive got some sand that hasent ever bean used i use some ob it for a fresh water tank(i had to put that bit in the bin) woud it be allrite it is because not much mony and got that at home jajaja.

not sure what your asking but you can use live sand for freash water, but there are two different kinds of live sand, one for marine aquariums and one for freash water. Of course you can use sand that is not alive, the benifet of having live sand is that you get all the biological goodies that will help your tank becaome more stable and healthier in the long run.

Most dry sand for freshwater will work fine. It will become live sand after it has been in your tank for a while. Don't use the sand if it has been used in a freshwater system before.

Are you the Nintendo Hacker Guy?

http://www.itproportal.com/2011/02/15/nint...olen-user-data/

Archived