Top Shelf Aquatics

Vortech MP10es Problem (Fixed!)

matth6761

Just bought a mp10 and when I plug it in, everything fires up and works fine for about 3 seconds. After 3 seconds, the unit completely dies. The prop stops, the LEDs go dark and the control unit becomes completely unresponsive. I read through the manual and it mentions nothing about this issue. Am I doing something wrong, or do I have a bad unit?

Thanks!

Just bought a mp10 and when I plug it in, everything fires up and works fine for about 3 seconds. After 3 seconds, the unit completely dies. The prop stops, the LEDs go dark and the control unit becomes completely unresponsive. I read through the manual and it mentions nothing about this issue. Am I doing something wrong, or do I have a bad unit?

Thanks!

Sounds like a dud unless it has to do with the power strip/outlet you are plugging it in to.

Thanks!

I had a similar problem with my MP40W, but I had to reset the system. I'd call Ecotech's technical support and see if they could help you. If not it should be covered under their warranty. I've never had problems with my 2 MP10ES's.

I had a similar problem with my MP40W, but I had to reset the system. I'd call Ecotech's technical support and see if they could help you. If not it should be covered under their warranty. I've never had problems with my 2 MP10ES's.

How do I go about that reset?

Kind of related. I just got the same thing and mine is SUPER loud. Emailed them and they responded in a few hours letting me know that it was probably a fauty ball bearing and my options for replacement. Sucks that we're having problems on a new $200 powerhead.. good customer service though.

Good news! I whipped out my trusty phillips-head and popped the control unit open to discover that the buttons had been mis-aligned during it's assembly at the factory and the power button in particular was stuck pressed down. I guess that explains why it would work fine when I plugged it in, but would shut off 3 seconds later. I reassembled it, put the screws back and now it's purring like a kitten.

:haha:

Archived