Cultivated Reef

favia looking different

Formula462

i came home from work today to find my favia looking a little different. i fed him 4 days ago and was thinking maybe he is about to expel waste or something but i wanted a second opinion. i have never had favias like this before, only lobos and such.

faviamouths.jpg

my salinity was just a tad high 1.027 due to more than usual evap( need ato bad) but i wouldnt think it would cause detriment to the coral but thats why i'm asking i guess. thanks guys

danthenewreefman
i came home from work today to find my favia looking a little different. i fed him 4 days ago and was thinking maybe he is about to expel waste or something but i wanted a second opinion. i have never had favias like this before, only lobos and such.

faviamouths.jpg

my salinity was just a tad high 1.027 due to more than usual evap( need ato bad) but i wouldnt think it would cause detriment to the coral but thats why i'm asking i guess. thanks guys

favia are crazy tough. so i don't think salinity of that would do it. I think 1.027 is actually more close to natural reef water salinity.

Check other parameters to be safe. but I don't think you need to be concerned if the colors stay good and the tissue edges look healthy.

do you have any other hard coral in the tank?

other coral would be showing signs of bad parameters way before a favia would.

no its just him looking any kind of different. i have a leather in there with him but i maintain my WCs and run chemi pure so i doubt thats an issue. im thinkning he might just be expelling waste. everything else looks pretty damn good actually.

Archived