Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

50 gallon shallow,led lit reef. short video update

tmurray

thank you, thats what im hoping to acheive in the long run for that part of the tank.

a few more pics will get a fts up tonight to many reflections at the moment, i think my photos are getting a little better :pirate:

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0009.jpgDSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0030.jpg

and some turbo snail eggs, one of 4 patches in the tank at the moment

DSC_0034.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

na sort of given up on reefs for the time being selling off most corals and going to just go fowlr with my nems and some softies.

one of my rics that just keeps getting nicer. under just white led with no colour alterations

ricordia1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

well sadly the blennie jumped the other day i think it had some Kobe Bryant in him as he took a three point shot into my backup pipe over the weir and just stuck, the pipes never had water through it so no slime or anything for him to move on. missing him as the tanks quite lifeless without his curiosity and character.

old pic before the tank was wet, but just to show you where he got stuck

DSC_0208.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

yes it is a shame he passed,

well things in the tank have been going great thanks to the dosing pumps finally being up and running properly. Have started adding sps and all are showing good Pe and retaining colour. My lone bit of dallas i have had for ages is even growing back after i thought it was dead :clap:

now for some pics

FTS-1.jpg

zoas.jpg

xenia.jpg

sps-1.jpg

shromm.jpg

hammers-1.jpg

I really like the trio of hammers in the last shot - my favourite coral!

thanks theres actually a forth one at the bottom of the photo right next to the largest one. there my favourite corals in the tank as well. although im beginning to like SPS more and more

mannnn.being 16 and unable to work due to school and seeing all these cool tanks bums me out when i look at my 20 long lol.

gosh your tank makes me want to go and work my ass off for money and buy myself one of these cool looking shallow rimless tanks!

great build man.or shall i say AMAZING build.

Unhandleable

The more and more I look at shallow tanks the more and more I want to sell my 150. How difficult is it to build your own shallow tank?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
mannnn.being 16 and unable to work due to school and seeing all these cool tanks bums me out when i look at my 20 long lol.

gosh your tank makes me want to go and work my ass off for money and buy myself one of these cool looking shallow rimless tanks!

great build man.or shall i say AMAZING build.

i know exactly what its like to be in your position. its harder but it is doable

The more and more I look at shallow tanks the more and more I want to sell my 150. How difficult is it to build your own shallow tank?

i dont know how hard it is to build a tank as i have never done it.

nice looking tank.did you make the fuge light or buy it somewhere? looks bright.

bought it from lckled, just a 10 watt 6500k led came premade like it is now

• 3 months later...

christmas photos, a crap quality gift to you all. sps apart from a monti and a milli are gone, just dont seem to have any luck with them, ah well hopefully the next tank is better in that way.

DSC_0344.jpg

DSC_0319.jpg

DSC_0329.jpg

DSC_0340.jpg

DSC_0332.jpg

and my progress with the light for the new tank

DSC_0316.jpg

• 1 month later...

Archived