SaltCritters.com

Anyone with experience with a Blue Hana Goby

Ralgo

I recently got this guy form a LFS going out of business but couldn't find alot of info online regarding care and such.

He's about 4" long and very shy.

What i wanted to know was, does anyone have one of these fish? Any experience with regards to diet, aggressiveness and who can be kept as tank mates.

I would like to add a midas goby to the tank but don't know if they would get along.

any info or links to info would be appreciated

here's what he look like

bluehanna.jpg

How big of a tank do you have? A midas blenny will be aggressive toward any dartfish, so your tank would need to be big enough that he could get away.

How big of a tank do you have? A midas blenny will be aggressive toward any dartfish, so your tank would need to be big enough that he could get away.

Hmmm... I have a 29 biocube. Looks like my midas blenny dreams are a bust.

animalmaster6

Never seen this species in the trade! Spanko covered it.

As to the aggression with Midas Blennies, it could be moderate to no aggression. Some dartfish are 4-5 inches long and they may not fight at all with the Midas Blenny.

I've had a P. heteroptera, which was very shy and unfortunately did not eat. It will probably be shy with the blenny. They are planktivores like other dartfish/firefish. Here's some general info:

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2003-06/hcs3/index.php

Also, in a 2002 article, Scott Michael says it reaches 5 inches in length, forms groups as juveniles and pairs as adults, often live with shrimp gobies and pistol shrimp, and is "one of the more fearless members of the genus".

Archived