ReefCleaners.org

T5/LED color advice needed.

Wasabi

'm setting up a 13.3g Mr Aqua tank (11.4" deep) and have a Coralife dual bulb 24w T5 HO fixture. I also bought a used Panorama 453nm/blue LED strip that I'm going to mount to it. My question is what color should I go with on the T5s with the 453nm strip included? Should I go with 2 two whiteish bulbs (UVL Aquasuns/14kish) or should I go with one white (UVL Aquasun) and one blue (UVL 454) T5 bulb? I don't want it to be too blue in the tank. I don't have access locally to ATI bulbs and the UVLs are the best I can get. The Aquasun/454 combo was what I originally wanted to go with but now I'm reconsidering now that I got the Panorama 453nm strip.

Thanks for any advice.

I made a mistake typing that up too fast. I meant the UVL Indigo Sun, not Aqua Sun. So do I go?

-1 UVL Indigo Sun/1 UVL 454/1 453nm Pamorama strip (this is what I have now but I can swap some bulbs out at the LFS)

-2 UVL Indigo Suns/1 453 Panorama strip

-some other 2 bulb combo UVLs/1 453nm Panorama strip

Thanks again.

Anybody else have some advice on my proposed lighting? I still have time to change things out.

Hey Wasabi, I mailed your housing this morning hopefully you get it by Saturday.

Anyway here is a photo of my 18 NESLR fixture with the 454/Indigo Sun Combo. I really like this combo. Sorry I couldn't comment on the addition of the LED lighting though.

DSCF0028T5s.jpg

Hey Wasabi, I mailed your housing this morning hopefully you get it by Saturday.

Anyway here is a photo of my 18 NESLR fixture with the 454/Indigo Sun Combo. I really like this combo. Sorry I couldn't comment on the addition of the LED lighting though.

Thanks Deano!

Yep, that shell should make for a nice DIY LED project. For now I'm rolling with the T5s and this Panorama strip as I'm limited on DIY time (and skill).

Your tank looks great BTW. It's funny, one of your old threads actually helped me with the idea of going with the 454/Indigo Sun combo. That was before I found a good deal locally on the Panorama 453nm strip so I went for it. I'm hoping for a little shimmer help and a small boost to my lighting power as well as adding to the color and getting some dawn/dusk action. I can still swap one of the bulbs (unopened) out at the LFS but I think I'm sticking to the 454/IS combo. I should have everything together and fired up in a week or so when I get some more time. I'll post some pics then.

Thanks again.

Thanks Deano!

Yep, that shell should make for a nice DIY LED project. For now I'm rolling with the T5s and this Panorama strip as I'm limited on DIY time (and skill).

Your tank looks great BTW. It's funny, one of your old threads actually helped me with the idea of going with the 454/Indigo Sun combo. That was before I found a good deal locally on the Panorama 453nm strip so I went for it. I'm hoping for a little shimmer help and a small boost to my lighting power as well as adding to the color and getting some dawn/dusk action. I can still swap one of the bulbs (unopened) out at the LFS but I think I'm sticking to the 454/IS combo. I should have everything together and fired up in a week or so when I get some more time. I'll post some pics then.

Thanks again.

I have a 96w Quad PC that I run over this tank as well. It didn't have enough blue though so I bought a Stunner 453nm blue strip. It helped with the needed extra blue but it didn't give me any additional shimmer. I can't say that the Panorama will not help with the shimmer, but because they are suppose to have more light out put it might.

Oh I forgot! this tank has been retired as of yesterday and is up for sale in the market place.

DUH! :slap: I forgot you seen it in the market since you bought the housing in the same thread.

Archived