Top Shelf Aquatics

Phospate Reactor and still have reading?

sefrayser

I have a BRS GFO reactor and I am running the Pellet GFO from Bulk reef supply. I am still getting a reading of 0.1. What should I do??

How long have you been running it?

About 2 months. I put 5 Tbs in the reactor. I changed the GFO about 2 weeks ago. I am using a Red Sea test. Hopefully I will get the Hanna UL Phosphate tester for valentines day.

I wouldn't trust the Red Sea test at all.

Check the reading with the Hanna test if you get it. If you are still getting a phosphate reading, consider running a little more GFO.

Yes, I kinda thought that. If it means anything everything in the tank is doing great. I just added a 250MH with 2 24 watt T-5 and LED moonlights. Man its crazy how the corals have grown in a week. I went ahead and changed the GFO and put 5 Tbs. in. I will check tomorrow and see if it is any difference.

Don't sweat it about the reading. If your corals start looking crapy, then you should worry. And yeah red sea tests don't have the best reputation. Perhaps a hanna instruments phosphate checker?

The one thing I would like to see on BRS TV is a video of their suggested flow rate/tumble of the BFO. I have mine set so that I have a few small areas that tumble. As time passes, the area moves around the GFO. But I have no idea what is proper.

Archived